We are currently seeking a couple or single person to work at Wooleen Station. If you are a couple, please look at other job opportunities listed here: Employment
Location: Wooleen Station, 700kms northeast of Perth, Western Australia.(Closest town 200kms)
Duration: Mid to late March – October/November 2021
(happy to negotiate longer/shorter stays )
Wooleen is located north-east of Perth in the outback and is an award-winning hosted tourism business and cattle station. We use tourism as a way to support our radical landcare project. We firmly believe that tourism should help nurture conservation and rehabilitation of our natural and cultural heritage. It is our goal that guests leave connected to country, aware of their surroundings and the choices they are making in life. We offer various forms of accommodation including hosted Homestead Stays, self-contained guesthouses and a range of camping options.
The property is 325,000 acres of stunning red dirt country.
Wooleen is also a cattle station dedicated to the restoration and sustainable use of the rangelands. Working at Wooleen is considered a unique and distinct opportunity to be part of a conservation effort recognised by the Australian Nation.
The station is currently run by Frances and David who have 3 friendly dogs, chickens, a large vegetable patch and (occasionally) cows. To learn more about the station, please watch this episode of Australian Story.
Your duties would include:
- Mowing the lawns
- Raking the yard
- Watering and general yard appearance
- Rubbish runs/removal
- Gas bottle replacement
- General handyman and repairs and maintenance to accommodation
- Firewood collection and chopping, plus cleaning out fireplaces and firepits
- Road dragging to reduce corrugations
- Track and trail maintenance for hiking and walking trails.
- Vehicle maintenace/servicing (if you hold these skills)
- Occasional stints stock fencing, yard construction, water runs and other station related jobs.
- Assisting with the hospitality and tourism side of the business which may entail service and dishes shared amongst a team.
- Welding skills and creativity a bonus!
The job will require you look after the property for a weekend or up to a week when the owners may need to attend to things ‘off-station’.
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Happy, sociable personality
- Manners and willingness to contribute as part of a family
- Confident, reliable and able to use initiative
- Good presentation. Clean and tidy habbits
- High standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Manual Drivers License
- Safe and responsible use of basic power tools (chainsaw, lawnmower, drill etc)
- Ability to engage with customers in a genuine and meaningful way.
- Have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors and be up for an adventure
Wooleen Station will supply all meals, amenities, uniforms and accommodation (including linen and towels) as part of your remuneration package.
Weekly WIFI allowance. No access to mobile tower reception for over 150kms (unless using wifi calling). Closest town 200kms.
Please enquire about remuneration details. We offer a flat $1000 weekly wage + food and accommodation + 9.5% superannuation.
Preferably non-smoking and no dietary requirements – but we are negotiable.
To become part of our team, send detailed information about yourself and a resume to email@example.com