In 2004 Wooleen built 2 rammed earth self-contained Guesthouses. The Guesthouses are 2 bedroom, with bathroom, separate toilet, full kitchen, dining/living area, open fire place and outdoor al fresco areas. The buildings are a mixture of new, natural and recycled materials with many of the doors and windows being rescued from an old homestead in the pastoral region. This mix of materials gives the impression of an older character building but the freshness of new accommodation. All linen and towels are supplied and the beds are made up with beautiful feather and down quilts and big European cushions on queen sized beds.
One self-contained guesthouse is set up with two queen beds whilst the other has 1 queen and 2 singles. This allows for families or for couples travelling together to stay. Board games and cards are supplied in the houses and a BBQ area outside. The guesthouses are located approx. 150m from the main homestead in a natural bush setting with immediate gardens made up of native plants for privacy. This makes them easy walking/driving distance to the house should guests require assistance but far enough away to still appreciate and soak up the natural and tranquil outback setting.
- 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom (Family GH = 1 x Queen and 3 x Single. Couples GH = 2 x Queen and 1 x Single)
- Full kitchen (Fridge/Freezer, microwave and gas stove/oven) including utensils
- All linen and towels provided
- Free (limited) wifi and Bluetooth speaker for use with personal electronic device
- BBQ area
- Large veranda and outdoor seating surrounded by private garden for enjoying Autumn and Spring.
- Open fire place (firewood supplied only on cold evenings)
- Board games and cards supplied.
- 24hr 240V power.
$195 per night twin share. Each extra person is $20 per night.
Can sleep up to 5 people. Trundle beds and cots available. No Pets Allowed.
Please note you must to self-cater. Meals are exclusive to those who book Homestead stays except for a continental breakfast basket which can be added during the booking process.
Wooleen has two Guesthouses – 1 Family Guesthouse and 1 Couples Guesthouse.
NB: Google Maps is an unreliable source to calculate your driving distance and times to Wooleen Station. Please check with us at the homestead if you are uncertain of distance and timing