Location: Wooleen Station, 700kms northeast of Perth, Western Australia. (Closest town 200kms)
Duration: April – October 2023
(potential to negotiate longer/shorter stays )
Wooleen is located north-east of Perth in the outback and is an award-winning eco Station Stay. We firmly believe that tourism should help nurture conservation and rehabilitation of our natural and cultural heritage. We offer various forms of accommodation including hosted Homestead Stays, self-contained guesthouses, a range of camping options, and at times, contractor accommodation.
The property is an expansive 325,000 acres offering hiking trails, self-drives, birdwatching, mountain biking, and history.
Wooleen is also a cattle station dedicated to the restoration and sustainable use of the rangelands. Working at Wooleen is considered a unique and distinct opportunity to be part of a conservation effort recognised by the Australian Nation.
You will need experience in hospitality or tourism and have demonstrated exceptional people skills and superior customer service skills. You will have a good track record of providing quality outcomes, as well as excellent communication and organisational skills. A strong work ethic and a high degree of flexibility is necessary, as you will be working with a diverse range of team members to achieve different outcomes. Applicants should have an interest in conservation and eco-tourism practices and be comfortable living and working in a remote location as part of a small team.
Guests who come to Wooleen are treated like friends and are offered a very personal experience which you would be expected to emulate.
Help is sought with:
- Housekeeping the facilities (homestead, guesthouses and camp-grounds)
- Food preparation assistance
- Waiter/waitressing in the homestead at mealtimes on a roster.
- Washing (dishes and laundry)
- Talking with guests, answering the phones, taking reservations and support organising guided tours
- Cleaning and minor maintenance of outdoor areas and grounds - however, indoor housekeeping and customer service take priority.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful applicant will need to have:
- Happy, sociable personality
- Manners and willingness to contribute as part of a family
- Confident, reliable and able to use initiative
- Good presentation
- Kitchen experience (can be your own passion for food, however, you will not be cooking)
- Computer literacy including a willingness to learn the little hotelier reservation system and speak articulately over the phone
- High standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Understanding of housekeeping routines and attention to details
- Ability to engage with customers in a genuine and meaningful way.
- Have an appreciation for nature and the outdoors and be up for an adventure
Wooleen will supply all meals, amenities, uniforms and shared accommodation (your own room including linen and towels).
WIFI and fixed telephone line. No access to mobile reception for over 150kms (unless using wifi calling or Messenger apps). Closest town 200kms.
Please enquire about remuneration details. We offer a flat weekly wage + food and accommodation + 10% superannuation.
Preferably non-smoking, no dogs and no dietary requirements – but can negotiate.
To become part of our team tell us about yourself and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We're proud to acknowledge the Traditional Owners, the Wajarri Yamatiji people, in which we live and work. We recognise and respect the enduring relationship they have with their lands and water, and pay our respects to Elders, past and present.